Tuesday, March 12, 2024

1599 - Whispers in the Gloaming

 


The Sunday Whirl presents the following words for us to use:

Wonder, stained, gloaming, emerge, prayer, hours, grateful,
seeds, chances, whispered, smudge, conjuring


Whispers in the Gloaming

In the twilight hours that end the day
My loss, most sharp, appears.
Demons emerge in shades of grey
And conjure heartfelt tears.

I miss you so, you filled my space,
More than I thought you could,
Your love, your laugh, your warm embrace,
Your sense of right and good.

You added wonder to my life,
Tempered my prosaic bent,
I’m so glad you chanced to be my wife,
An adventure, with consent.

What does the future hold for me?
The crystal ball is smudged.
What seeds will now unfold for me?
How will my prayers be judged?

I have so much to be grateful for,
That I had you for so long.
I thought I would cope that fateful hour,
Clearly, I was wrong.



Print this post

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful heartfelt poem and tribute to your lovely departed wife...Your sadness and pain is palpable . Prayers thoughts and hugs for you during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your loss... your poem is a tender tribute...wishing you strength and love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "How will my prayers be judged?" Such a guileless query. Heartfelt poem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I love the soft rhyme that doesn't call attention to itself, and the final stanza is so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your poem is a beautiful, loving tribute to the wife you loved, and will forever miss. Thank you for sharing with us, please take good care.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and heartbreaking

    ReplyDelete

You've come this far - thank you.
Take your time, look around,
There is lots to see.