Thursday, October 01, 2026

1927 - Terminological Inexactutudes

 

Image by ChatGPT

MLMM Monday Wordle #496
presents the following words for us to work with:

tome, words, come, think, read, change, because, tired, process, original, safe, gamble




Terminological Inexactitudes.


Tome?  Tome?  Really?

“Oh, I say!  This is a magnificent tome.

You really should immerse yourself in it”.

What a lot of pretentious twaddle.

Immerse myself? 

Come children, it’s bath tome!

What is wrong with ‘book’?  

And, come to think of it, is it read?

Or, for a change, does one peruse?

And does this tome contain words?

Or is it full of vernacularisms?

I need to know because I am tired

Of having to process everything 

Into some pompous folderol.

The original, common, words are clear,

Unambiguously safe and certain.

Why gamble on lexical ostentation?


◊

Print this post

1 comment:

  1. “In the multitude of words there wanteth not sin: but he that refraineth his lips is wise.” — Proverbs 10:19 (KJV)

    ReplyDelete

You've come this far - thank you.
Take your time, look around,
There is lots to see.