Friday, May 23, 2014

704 : A Massive Mistake

Three Word Wednesday requires participants
to use the three words of the week in a composition.
The words this week were: massive, ruin and strain.


A Massive Mistake

The television chefs of today
Struggle to reach the light,
The strain of producing something new
Ruins many a sleepless night.

Seeking new flavours
To win the favours
Of those who will judge their cake—

But sardines
Combined
With marmalade?
That was a massive mistake.
.
---
© J Cosmo Newbery 2014
---
Print this post

4 comments:

  1. Eeeuw. No doubt with truffles and foam as well. Caramelized. And now I feel seriously unwell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe for refreshing the senses it is a good idea...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried fresh sardines...love canned sardines. Netted a lot of pilchards at times; but other fish enjoyed them as a tempting meal; and then I enjoyed the other fish as a meal.

    I have made a lot of marmalade, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot watch these cooking shows. As far as I am concerned the true art of good cooking is lost. People spend a fortune on rubbish served in restaurants because they simply do not know what good food tastes like. There are very few dishes which can be whipped up quickly. These day in our time poor circumstances everything is geared to being done as quickly as possible - cooking, networking, speed dating, musical performances etc.I eat well.If you are good, I will leave you my recipes in my will:)

    ReplyDelete

You've come this far - thank you.
Take your time, look around,
There is lots to see.