Thursday, September 26, 2013

616 : The Snail

Three Word Wednesday requires participants
to use the three words of the week in a composition.
The words this week were earthy, grotesque & nonchalant.


The Snail

They are just creatures of the land,
Earthy, thick, rather slow.
And have just basic needs and wants,
The snail or escargot.

They take their name as their brand,
A gastropod, and so
Unhurried and quite nonchalant
Eat everything you grow.

As lettuce seedlings shake with fear,
The stomach glides on by
On the hunt for greens to eat,
A grotesque passer-by.

Snails seem to have only low gear
No matter how hard they try;
Speed is one dream they keep discrete.
The other is to fly.
.
---
© J Cosmo Newbery 2013
---

Print this post

9 comments:

  1. If they want to fly, I can recommend a badminton racquet as the method of choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tried that. Doesn't half upset the neighbours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can kill cane toads with golf sticks...so I believe.!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen them fly...over walls...
    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I would rather fly than be fast. Since neither are likely I will classify myself as a snail today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I'm a snail...I just keep looking at these two flat-pack cupboards I have to put together....I'm going in slow motion! No action here as yet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved the ride. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never abandon your dreams I say ..

    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9hdt-zs4EvE

    ReplyDelete

You've come this far - thank you.
Take your time, look around,
There is lots to see.