Sunday, February 22, 2009

CXXI - Security Blanket

.
I saw the picture, "Master Bedroom" by Andrew Wyeth,
on Diane's Blog last week and it has been rattling around in my head ever since.



Security Blanket

Asleep on a bed
That smells of love;
Resting your head
Where others once were;
Wrapped in dreams
Of far away places;
Where everything seems
To be as it should.

Such simple joys
Warm like a glove
And the sleeper enjoys
Love’s transfer.
A twitch now and then
From imagined embraces
Then drifts away again;
Life is good.

---
© J Cosmo Newbery
---
Print this post

18 comments:

  1. lovely!! makes me wanna go to bed right now!
    i do hope that any love i smell on a bed is my love though ..
    and that of my spouse, of course...
    regardless of which bed we sleep on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous,


    I have that very print/picture over my bed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww...Diane is going to love this when she sees it! I love the first two lines the best ... just sums up the whole picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so good... I think I'll head there now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed.
    yes.
    Indeed.

    lola
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I had a dog now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joys ... warm as a glove.

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you show Diane? She'd love this...

    ReplyDelete
  9. The words and picture meld together well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This speaks volumes to me, the hopeless romantic who enjoys to sleep and to dream.;)
    To use your own words; Stunning! it is.;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simple and so sweet...!! :)
    I loved this one..
    You are my featured blogger for the week,up next ...
    I have decided!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. VERY, VERY well done! Awesome post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everyone is right... I LOVE this!! I'm printing it out. Now.

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  14. So beautiful...scents of love... oh how I wish. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ha! Everyone knew Diane would love this! It's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Makes me want to curl up in bed right now. Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete

You've come this far - thank you.
Take your time, look around,
There is lots to see.