Tuesday, January 28, 2020

1227 - In the Bush


The highway driving.
It's quick, non-stop and direct
But you see nothing.

◊

Dim Sims in the park.
I sat there and ate all three;
The ducks weren't happy.

◊

Visiting the bush,
Herding sheep on country roads,
Not my normal thing.

◊

Discussing ideas
And asking probing questions.
The joy of friendship.

◊

The country salad,
Australian Woman's Weekly,
Circa '65.

◊

The paddocks are dry.
Carting hay to feed the sheep.
Summer is not done.

◊

A birthday party
Many people I don't know—
Friends by the night's end.

◊

It's good to be home.
It's a comfortable place,
The familiar.
    .
---
© 2020 J Cosmo Newbery
---
Print this post

16 comments:

  1. Some gems here.
    And sadly summer is definitely not done. The sooner she moves out the better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how this unfolds - such a careful composition and wonderful end

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dig these poetic snap shots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this especially; "Discussing ideas/And asking probing questions/
    The joy of friendship."💝

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these haiku, how they play off each other, especially the dry paddock, feeding and herding the sheep.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved your little string of gems … so aptly titled!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haikulicious, one and all. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like Ollie calling these poetic snapshots. That is what they are. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the way this poem develops, I feel as if I’m with you, and I agree about the comfortable familiarity of home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are terrific! And nicely arranged in sequence too, to culminate in that final one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Luv them all, a haiku feast
    Happy Sunday

    Much💝love

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how this flows and how descriptive I walked alongside you and loved ending up in the familiar home Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  13. A delight to read, especially the penultimate one... for the best parties are the ones who brew new friends.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I read these twice. Tried to select a favorite but couldn't. They're all little poetic treats. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete

You've come this far - thank you.
Take your time, look around,
There is lots to see.