Thursday, September 18, 2025

1847 - A Senryu Cluster

 

Image by ChatGPT

The Sunday Whirl presented these twelve words for us to use in a creative writing piece.  

bound slip swells fan luring fence cracks bone tower frosted trap grasps

Not seeing a single topic that I felt that I could fit the words to, 

I used each as a prompt for an individual Senryu.



A Cluster of Senryu


bound

Overseas travel.

Like having your second child—

You forget the pain.


◊


luring

"We can sell your house."

You don’t have to want to sell—

Just give us free rein.


◊


Bone

They are so eager—

These keen real estate agents.

Don’t throw them a bone.


◊


fence

Life has compartments.

We must know where our place is.

Boundaries are good.


◊


cracks

With the right outlook

We are all kintsugi bowls

With gold on our cracks.


◊


tower

The storms come and go.

I weather all of them—

I am the lighthouse.


◊


trap

Life is not a trap.

You can move to where you want—

You are not a tree.


◊


swells

The tide ebbs and flows

But we are in the same sea—

Waves wash over us.

◊



slip

They slip in between—

Fingers meshing with fingers.

Hearts then follow suit.


◊


fan

The fingers fan out—

Long sweeping touches follow:

Sensations of love.


◊


grasps

She touches my hand

(Sitting in a cinema)

Quickly I grasp hers.


◊


frosted

Frost sits on the leaves,

Sits on the branches, the buds—

A Spring time icing.


◊


Print this post

1 comment:

  1. This is such a clever way to use the words. I particularly like that last one.

    ReplyDelete

You've come this far - thank you.
Take your time, look around,
There is lots to see.