Thursday, June 29, 2023

1591 - Drink



Mad Kane poses a regular limerick challenge.
The key word this week is ‘drink’.


The neighbours all love to assess
How proper your grief and distress
But forget what they think
And have a good drink,
They're not there for you to impress.

---

I'm fond of a red, I confess,
Favouring more rather than less.
And I do love the chink 
Of a celebratory drink
Knowing nothing exceeds like excess.
.
---
© 2023  J Cosmo Newbery
---   

Please note: This is a writing exercise: the neighbours are really lovely.
Print this post

5 comments:

  1. I love these, and would happily raise a glass (or two) with you if you are ever in my neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJuly 03, 2023

    I would like to share a bottle or two in the woods with you as well :)

    ReplyDelete

You've come this far - thank you.
Take your time, look around,
There is lots to see.