Tuesday, July 10, 2012

CCCXXXI - Mine was worserer.


An apple a day keeps the doctor away.  
But some people just need a bigger apple.
Any resemblance to any person, living,
dead or even imaginary, is purely coincidental.


Mine was worserer.
A dialogue.

Hi!  Good morning, how are you?  You’ve been away a while,
How have you been?

I’ve was really sick, pretty vile, but I am better now, however…

I know exactly what you mean, I have been sick too! 
It was awful.  Never been so crook.  Never!

There were three days there where I couldn’t move from bed and I…

Me too! Yes! It was terrible.  Stuck in bed, just like you said!
I really wished that I would die!

Those days have just vanished from my life!  They…

I know!  I know!  It was just ghastly. 
It took years off my life.  I felt I was dead! 
I felt I was trapped in my bed for weeks and weeks.

It annoys me that I had had the flu shots. 
It doesn’t seem right that I still got sick from...

I know, you’re right! I know exactly what you mean. 
I had the flu, rabies, meningococcal, all the heps and even tetanus,
Cholera and Yellow fever and I thought it would do the trick but
Wham! out like a light, I was.  Out like a light!

And I could hardly eat anything at all.  Just a little dry toast with...

Yeah, yeah, me too!  Just like you said.  God, the amount of stuff
I couldn’t eat would feed a small West Coast African village. 
Absolutely knackered I was. I couldn’t face a single thing.
Even the smell of water made me ill.

Well you certainly seemed to have been to Hell and back again. 
How are you now?

Oh, OK, I suppose.  I can’t complain.
.
---


© 2012   J Cosmo Newbery
---


Print this post

5 comments:

  1. Anything you can do I can do better, I can do anything better then you... Even the flu... : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Insidious they are ... there's always one in every crowd.

    Hoping you are feeling much better!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm fine, thank you. I was just a bemused bystander.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spot the DogJuly 11, 2012

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hah, I recognise this conversation. Someone is always much worserer...

    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete

You've come this far - thank you.
Take your time, look around,
There is lots to see.