Tuesday, July 16, 2013

578 : Intersection


Intersection

A chance meeting at a 
Departure lounge; 
A temporary intersection,
A temporal intersession.
A confluence of streams.

We talked, as one does,
And you shared a life.
A life of loves, 
Come and gone,
Of dreams, 
Now and then,
Of a life exiled,
Of a child,
Now gone,
But who lives on,
Loved on.

You talked with passion
With love, 
With a certain sadness,
With more to be said
I suspect,

And then you were gone—
Back into the passing stream
Of life.

I wonder.
.
---
© J Cosmo Newbery 2013
---


Print this post

7 comments:

  1. This conjures many images and memories in my mind.

    I like it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ⊱✿✿°

    ·.¸.•♪♪
    Linda poesia com muito sentimento.

    Boa semana·..¸彡
    ♪♫° Beijinhos·..°♡♡
    °❤❤ Brasil✿✿·..

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJuly 16, 2013

    I bet the caring psychologist in you really helped your passing travel friend...so wonder no more. They are richer for having met you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't often comment, but I usually read. And I have to tell you, I really love your poetry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patti, that is a lovely compliment.

      Delete
  5. So poignant, Cosmo ..... beautiful.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousJuly 16, 2013

    So poignant and lovely.

    ReplyDelete

You've come this far - thank you.
Take your time, look around,
There is lots to see.