Friday, January 03, 2014

657 : The Chocolate Egg

Three Word Wednesday requires participants
to use the three words of the week in a composition.
The words this week were gorgeous, jittery and outrageous.

The Chocolate Egg.

It is not 
Uncommon,
When you think 
Someone is 
Absolutely
Gorgeous;
That their eyes,
Their body,
Their presence,
Makes you,
Demands you,
Start sweating.
Your mouth 
Ignores your brain;
You stutter,
You feel,
Absolutely 
Stupid,
Anxious,
Jittery,
Entranced,
Until,
In an outrageous
Travesty of 
Natural justice,
They speak
And you 
Realize 
That the sweet 
Façade
Hides
Nothing.
.
---
© J Cosmo Newbery 2014
---

Print this post

16 comments:

  1. Some have gooey fondant filling...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah….I think you are missing the point but thanks for the comment.

      Delete
    2. No, I'm just saying that not everything that is sweet on the outside is hollow on the inside.

      Delete
    3. There are exceptions, of course, but if I tried to write them all in it would read like a legal contract.

      Delete
  2. Nice piece of writing. I guess you can never judge a chocolate by its outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hate when that happens...it is so dissapointing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Classic case of 'skin deep' beauty. Albeit moderately thick skin. Another winner. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fortunately this does not happen too often. I suppose it helps if we are not too obsessed with outside beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm always amazed how some good looking people can quickly turn attractive and vice versa. Yeah, nature plays cruel tricks at times.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops! I must be drunk, I thought I was talking to someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  8. amazingly done and love the words

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh disappointing. I think my son is learning that lesson as I write.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, but sometimes those eggs are filled...

    ReplyDelete

You've come this far - thank you.
Take your time, look around,
There is lots to see.